Chain of Responsibility
According to the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR), Chain of Responsibility (CoR) law ensures everyone who works with heavy vehicles – from the business that employs a driver to the place where goods are delivered – is accountable for safety.
AustralianSuper – Industry Super Fund
AustralianSuper has joined ALC as a Safety Partner to help members improve their financial wellbeing and achieve their best possible retirement outcome. ALC members have access to a super fund that offers low fees and a history of strong long-term investment returns.
AustralianSuper is run only to profit its members’ as it does not pay shareholder dividends or commissions to financial advisers. AustralianSuper, Australia’s largest super fund, offers members the following key benefits and services:
- Easy administration for employers and free clearinghouse
- Low fees
- A range of investment options, including the Balanced default option, to suit individual risk profiles, with strong investment performance over the long term
- Flexible options to allow you to change your insurance cover to suit your individual circumstances
- Assistance to help consolidate your other super funds if you decide that suits your circumstances
For more information and assistance, visit www.australiansuper.com or call 1300 300 273. If you wish to review your existing business default superannuation arrangements we can provide a free fund comparison report for ALC members (typically paid for through a consulting service). Please contact Steve Collins, Stakeholder Relationship Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
This information has been provided by AustralianSuper. The information is of a general nature and doesn’t take into account your personal objectives, situation or needs. Before making a decision consider if the information is right for you and read our Product Disclosure Statement, available at australiansuper.com/pds or by calling 1300 300 273. AustralianSuper Pty Ltd ABN 94 006 457 987 AFSL 233788, Trustee of AustralianSuper ABN 65 714 394 898.
National Transport Insurance (NTI)
NTI is ranked as Australia’s number one specialist insurer. They provide a combination of tailored products, experienced people, accredited repair and recovery networks, and industry advocacy.
Health & Wellbeing
We have partnered with Healthy Heads in Trucks & Sheds to encourage the freight and logistics supply chain workforce, to get the conversation wheels in motion, to help staff feel connected and supported at work.
That Just Shouldn’t Have Happened: A Deeper Understanding Of Incidents
Ever wonder why people sometimes don’t follow the rules? Systems and processes are in place but accidents still happen? No matter how comprehensive a business SMS is, incidents still manage to slip through the gaps? Join Dr Sarah Jones in exploring safety case studies from Toll Group that include when psycho-social factors are at play when incidents occur.
National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP)
The National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP) is collaborative network established to support Australian organisations – both private and public – to implement a positive road safety culture. The program aims to improve the safety of all workers in the transport activity to help reduce the nation’s road trauma by encouraging organisations to share their knowledge and experiences.
The program is about reducing death and injuries without regulation or red tape by bringing together and promoting conversations between businesses, government and researchers to help Australian organisations develop a strong safety culture.
The ALC has entered into an agreement with the NRSPP as a Program Partner and has committed to the following actions:
- Share information to and from ALC members and the ALC database in relation to emerging safety issues with the potential to impact on road activities in the Supply Chain.
- Design a survey for drivers on good DC’s and sites requiring improvement to identify best practice and create a set of minimum standards for loading and unloading facilities.
- Actively participate in Suicide in Road Transport Project (SiRT) working group and other working groups as needed. The ALC was approved as the first Program Partner under the new umbrella of the Monash University.